Monday, February 15, 2016

Brother "Paul the Apostle" of the 21st Century

MAIL TO:
sister web site


When asked as to his name, the "bishop"(or "elder"-Ac 20:17,28/14:23/Phil 1:1/Tit 1:5,7/1P 5:1) replied, "What use of it? God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world(Ga 5:14)". This "bishop" of North Korea with his followers of 65 including children, had crossed the border into China just for singing hymns heartily and without interruption(the only reason of their crossing, since the North Koreans so far have no liberty to express their beliefs in God) and now they were ready to return. The above reply came declining the offer of a capable man for sheltering and leading them safely to South Korea.

The 78-year-old "bishop", instead of immediate acceptance of this kindly offer, politely asked time to pray asking the Lord what to do. After about ten minutes of prayer he returned saying, "the Lord said to me, 'Do you think that I have power not enough to get you out of this North Korea? It is because for you to remain in this land suffering for My sake(Phl 1:29) is my will'". 

At this the would-be helper weeping intolerably knelt down before the elder's feet, of which toes protruding through the holes of rag-like, worn-out shoes. Big drops of tears were also falling down over the neck of the prostrated man(a minister and head of a well-known missionary organization).

At last the kneeling one arose and reluctantly said, "Goodbye."
"Is that a Christian farewell? Say, 'We shall meet in Heaven.'"
"We shall meet in Heaven, sir."


At their parting the lips of the old man were moving joyfully reciting "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter"(Rm 8:35,36). Thus all of them returned to the land of death in spite of being well informed that a search team had been formed to hunt them up. He really was a 21st-century apostle Paul.

So what use of my "profile"? No use of it. It is because "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me(Ga 2:20)". Let us therefore all say, "what use of myself? I am crucified with Christ and now alive with Christ as one. It is now and forever that for my part to live is Christ my Master, because to my Lord to live is Tayseek Kwon(to be substituted for your own name) His servant(Phil 1:21/Lk 22:27)."

I, His servant, am His master for He serves me, and this is love(Ga 5:13). Becoming one with Him I through my life manifest not myself but always and forever only my Lord, for my Lord in His life and power manifests me as one with Him(again I say, not Himself but always me). 

Accordingly, if you ask me, "what are you?" then I will point to the Last Adam Jesus Christ my Master(Lord), saying "He is 'myself' as 'one' together with me".
Instead of living no more for myself I am doing my very best forever through myself to manifest Him and Him alone, as it is written, "According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death"(Phl 1:20).

The first man Adam is one with me in the flesh, and when you ask me "what is Adam", then I will reply, "Look at me, for I am his likeness and shape. He also is my image." And so with the Last Adam. My only aim and goal in our Lord(Master) Jesus Christ is to be His likeness in life or in death. 

The gist of this relationship is 'Love'. Everything He has done and will do is for my sake as the Bible clearly declares, "I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me"(Ga 2:20)". This is in accordance with the law of Trinity, which requires both sides of the 'unity' to act at the same time as 'duality'. So we are obliged to do our part, loving the Lord and giving ourselves for Him. This is the token of our being saved.


https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Joel%203:14



No comments:

Post a Comment