Friday, January 29, 2016

The Law of Trinity Verifies Trini Homo and vice verse (5)-The "Trinity of God" Explained Plainly



The Term, "the Third Person", Is Not Biblical


God the Father is the First Person, that's right. God the Son is the Second Person. Father and Son. That's all. Our Lord Jesus said, "I and my Father are One"(Jn. 10:30). This Oneness we call "the Holy Spirit". God is a Spirit(Jn. 4:24) and we may use the terms of "the Spirit of the Father", "the Spirit of the Son", "the Spirit of Jesus Christ", etc. "The Spirit" in the Bible implies the Father or the the Son. And both of Them as "One". 

Hence the Spirit sometimes means the Father and sometimes the Son, as our Lord said, "When he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth"(Jn. 16:13). Not "They", but "He". Not "I", but "He". Not "We"(though there are some verses in the Bible like "if a man love me, he will keep my words: and y Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him"-Jn 14:23), but "He". This is none other than the peculiarity of "One".  

This peculiarity Albert Einstein(1879-1955) too could not understand and had to shun the "duality" conception of Niels Bohr(1885-1962), since God has made all things according to the pattern of the Oneness of the Father and the Son. Yes, everything. From this derives the law of Trinity, the universal law. 

In other words, "the Father is in the Son and the Son in the Father"(Jn 17:21/10:28/14:11). By this law God has made us born anew through the redemptive work of His Son Jesus Christ, "the Last Adam"(1Co 15:45), because this is the very of life and love, which the Bible teaches us as "the law of God" and "His commandments". "The law of Christ"(1Co 9:21), "the law of liberty"(Jms 2:12), "the perfect law of liberty"(Jms 1:25) and "the royal law"(Jms 2:8) all belong to this category.



"Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ"(Rm. 1:7). In these greetings of the apostles's letters to the church "the name of the Spirit"(Mt 28:19) is omitted or exempted. It is because the Holy Spirit means the Father and the Son as One. And hence is "the name" of the Holy Spirit. 

Therefore John the apostle depicts the Spirit as "Seven Spirits"(Rv 1:4/3:1/4:5/5:6). They are identified as "Seven Horns" and "Seven Eyes". Does that mean "Seven Persons"? Not at all. 

In the old and new testaments the following names are in relation to God the Father:
"the Spirit of your Father", "the promise of My Father", "the promise of the Father", "the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus".


These are in relation to God the Son:
"the Spirit of Chirst", "the Spirit of Jesus(R.V.)", "the Spirit of Jesus Christ", "the Spirit of His Son", "the Spirit of adoption". 

The Bible, therefore, sometimes denotes that "And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and IT abode upon him"(Jn 1:32), "likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit ITSELF maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered(Rm 8:26), "searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when IT testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow(1Pt 1:11). It is "it", not "He".

The above expression is in accordance with "For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God(1Co 2:11). That is, the man(he) and his spirit(it). Likewise, God(He) and His Spirit(it). In other words, the spirit of a man(not an independent personality) belongs to the man, as the Bible says that "the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets"(1Co 14:32). 

In a word, "Another Comforter"(Jn 14:16) is the blessed Lord Jesus Himself. But not Him alone, but with the Father as One. And so He said: "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you(Jn 14:17).

Accordingly, "the Comforter" means the Son and the Father as One not in the flesh but in the Spirit. This is the only difference and so He said, "He shall be in you". The Lord in the flesh cannot be in me, but in the Spirit it is possible to the full. And so He said, "I tell you the truth: it is expedient for you that I go away for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I go, I will send him unto you."(Jn 16:7)

Again this means I myself plus Christ as one, just as the Son plus the Father as One. The Comforter coming to me, the blessed fact is accomplished that I am in Christ and Christ in me, just as the Father is in the Son and the Son in the Father. And so the Lord said, "at that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you."  He also prayed, "Holy Father, keep them in Thy name which Thou hast given Me, that they may be one, even as We are...and the glory which Thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as We are One: I in  them, and Thou in Me, that they may be made perfect in one"(Jn 17:11,22,23).

When I "Believe on the name of Christ Jesus receiving Him and becoming a son of God"(Jn 1:12), They(the Father and the Son) come to me and "make Their abode with me"(Jn 14:23). Because "repentance"(Ac 17:30) means becoming to love God and to keep His words(implicit obedience) as He said "and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him". This is "Receiving the Holy Spirit" or "the Baptism of the Spirit". And "receiving power(God Himself indwelling)" we become the witnesses to Jesus Christ the Last Adam "unto the uttermost part of the earth"(Ac 1:8). This is to "be born again" as a new creature which means a "duality"(with Christ dwelling within me as "One") person. 

The Son with the Father as One. This is the point. Therefore as regards coming of the Comforter, our Lord said, "I will send Him unto you"(Jn 16:7). "And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you (Lk 24:49). "Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he(the Lord Jesus) hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear"(Ac 2:33 ). 

At the same time He emphasizes that it is our Father that gives us the blessed Comforter when saying, "And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever"(Jn 14:16), "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you(Jn 14:26), 


The following verses have the same meaning. "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you(Jn 14:26).

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me"(Jn 15:26).

"Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he(the Lord Jesus) hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear"(Ac 2:33 ). 

The theme is always the same: The Spirit of the Father plus the Spirit of the Son as One. The Father glorifies the Son and the Son the Father. 
"And now, Father, glorify Thou Me with Thine own self with the glory which I had with Thee before the world was"(Jn 17:5). 
"He shall glorify Me: for He shall receive of Mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father hath are Mine: therefore said I, that He shall take of Mine, and shall shew it unto you"(Jn 16:14,15).
However, in a sense, the Spirit the Comforter is the Lord Jesus Himself and said, "He shall receive of Mine, and shall shew it unto you...He shall take of Mine".  

No comments:

Post a Comment