Monday, February 27, 2017

"Thank-you" bow to an American young man

An email sent to Suk Koo by Lawrence Peck
https://www.facebook.com/suk.koo1?fref=nf


The other day at a rally of over 1 million conservatives in Seoul,
a man over 80 approached me and bowed deeply to me, which
was highly unusual and a bit embarrassing. I asked him why he
was bowing to a young stranger, which is unheard of in Korean
culture, and he said his bow was meant to thank me, as an
American, for the tens of thousands of Americans who gave
their lives defending freedom in Korea during the Korean War.
Several conservative leaders here have been complaining to me that
the media and the entertainment community in Korea are deeply biased
against conservatives, and they asked me if Americans had ever had the
same problem. He also wondered if American academics were as devoted
to political correctness as were Korean far-left professors. After I stopped
laughing, I could only reply to them, "We have this famous dish in America
called "kimchi" and I wonder if you have anything similar in Korea?" They
got the point! Ha! Ha!


Our Comment:
Americans have no Trojan Horse like us Koreans here.



No comments:

Post a Comment